In the last couple of years, Gender reveal parties have become a big thing, usually, a party is hosted by the expectant parents or a member of their family or a friend. You gather all of your loved ones in a room and find a fun and creative way to reveal the gender of the unborn baby.
People often are unsure of whether to bring a gift to a gender reveal party, it all depends really if the couple are doing a gender reveal party and a baby shower you would probably just bring a gift to the baby shower and not the gender reveal party, however, if people are only having a gender reveal party you could make a gift to that.
The main purpose of gender reveals party is a celebration during which parents, friends and family find out the sex of the baby. Normally one or both of the parents will find out the sex and keep it a secret until the day of the reveal, or you can entrust a member of the family or a very close friend to keep the secret so it is a surprise for both expectant parents.
There are various ways of actually revealing the sex, and people are getting more creative by the day. Here are a few of the most popular ideas:
- Genders reveal Cake: you can have these professionally made by a baker with a pink or blue sponge inside or to save money you could easily bake one of these cakes at home.
- Gender reveal balloon: A balloon pop can be an exciting way of revealing the sex, fill these balloons with pink or blue confetti and pop the balloon to reveal.
- Gender reveal fireworks: you can now buy pink or blue fireworks to reveal the sex of your baby.
- Genders reveal scratch cards: feeling lucky? Reveal the sex by scratching off to find out if it is pink or blue underneath, these can also be posted out to friends and family that do not live close by so cannot make the actual party.
- Genders reveal bath bombs: for a cute idea fill a plastic tub with water and add the bath bomb when ready to reveal the sex to your guests.
A gender reveal party is an exciting moment for family and friends of the expectant parents to be. The more creative you can get the better, use your imagination to get adventurous and find a gender reveal that is quirky, exciting and bespoke to you as a couple. There is no right or wrong way of hosting a gender reveal party just go with what feels right for you. Whichever gender reveal you get blue or pink it is a wonderful time to enjoy and share with your loved ones.