Rhinoplasty is a medical procedure which changes the size and/or shape of your nose. This type of surgery is carried out for many reasons:
- Medical reasons
- The individual does not like their nose
- Breathing difficulties
Types of rhinoplasty
There are two types of rhinoplasty which are offered in many cosmetic clinics. These include augmentation and reduction rhinoplasty. Depending on what you would like to achieve from your nose job, will dictate what type of procedure you have. Usually, clients who would like to reduce the size of their nose, would have a reduction rhinoplasty and those which want to change the shape of their nose will choose to have augmentation rhinoplasty.
Risks of rhinoplasty
Likewise, with every plastic surgery procedure, there are going to be risks involved. However, we must make you aware of them, even if some of the risks happen to a small minority of people. The risks involved with this procedure are as follows:
- Difficulty breathing. However, occasionally breathing difficulties can usually be corrected during the surgery.
- Being unhappy with the way in which the appearance of the nose looks. It will completely depend upon what your nose was like to start with, to have much correction a surgeon can make.
- Injection. Due to this being an open surgery, there is possible chance of injection. However, your surgeon should advise you on ways to keep the nose area clean during the healing process.
- Scarring. This is a risk which may happen. A scar may be left after your surgery depending on which type of rhinoplasty you have.
Find your surgeon
Finding a surgeon to carry out your rhinoplasty can be hard. Since it is such a big procedure, you want to be able to choose a plastic surgeon which you can trust. Follow our advice on how to choose a plastic surgeon:
- Look at their certifications
- Have they got any testimonials?
- Go for a consultation, ask any questions that you have.
- Ask to see their previous work
If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to contact us, via our contact page, and we will do our very best to assist you.